San Jose, CA 95112
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is urgently seeking candidates with experience working in residential settings with highly vulnerable populations to join our EIH program in San Jose as a Resident Associate.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing organization that’s making a positive impact throughout California!
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
San Jose’s Emergency Interim Housing (EIH) program provides bridge housing to families who are experiencing homelessness and offers a range of onsite supportive services. These services assist each household in transitioning into a safe, stable and permanent home.
WHAT IS A RESIDENT ASSOCIATE?
The Resident Associate works as part of a multidisciplinary team at the EIH site to provide recovery orientated services and case management support for individuals and families experiencing homelessness. Responsibilities of the Resident Associate include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing support to case managers, housing specialists and employment specialists in assisting program participants in achieving their individual goals
- Managing the site in order to maintain a hospitable and inclusive environment
- Providing information, referrals, linkages and advocacy for participants’ identified needs
- Collaborating with the case management and operations staff to ensure a clean and safe facility
- Developing, leading and tracking programming designed to assist participants in maintaining stable housing and integrating into the community
- Providing information regarding services to clients and other PATH Programs
- Assisting participants with de-escalation and conflict resolution in crisis situations and bringing in additional resources as appropriate
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience working in residential settings with highly vulnerable populations, particularly those with health, mental health, and substance use issues
- Demonstrate knowledge of or experience with client engagement techniques such as harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Resident Associate must:
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test