Case Manager, MSW
Los Angeles, CA 90064
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is currently seeking master’s level social services candidates (MSW or MFT) to join our West LA Veteran Services – VASH team as a Case Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Veteran Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) Program works to promote housing stability among very low-income Veteran individuals or families who are experiencing or at imminent risk of homelessness.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER, MSW?
The Case Manager, MSW utilizes their experience and expertise in social work to provide field-based case management services to Veterans experiencing homelessness. Responsibilities of the Case Manager, MSW include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting intake assessments and collaborating with clients to develop individualized treatment plans that address short- and long-term goals
- Providing on-going, mobile case management services and support including independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, community integration, employment linkage, assistance with benefits establishment, and linkage to community providers for services as needed to attain treatment plan goals
- Providing individual or group therapy to participants as needed
- Providing clinical consultation and supervision to other PATH team members
- Maintaining documentation standards as set forth by the program contract and PATH policies
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Have experience with HMIS
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager, MSW must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a relevant master’s degree (MSW or MFT)
- Be able and willing to provide community and in-home services on a regular basis
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1658
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.