Residential Coordinator – Overnight Shifts
San Diego, CA 92101
Starting at $15/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience working in residential settings with vulnerable populations to join our San Diego Interim Housing Team as a Residential Coordinator. This is a part-time position anticipated to work 20-30 hours a week including overnight shifts.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Interim Housing programs provide low-barrier, high-tolerance settings for program participants, referred to as guests, who are experiencing homelessness and have a variety of complex health, functional and social needs. These home-like environments are coupled with support and case management services to assist guests with developing a plan to break the cycle of homelessness, stabilize in housing and reintegrate into the community.
WHAT IS A RESIDENTIAL COORDINATOR?
Residential Coordinators work as part of the Interim Housing team to provide day-to-day operational and direct-client support. Responsibilities of the Residential Coordinator include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Maintaining the phone line to respond to bed availability requests
- Conducting intakes for all new program participants
- Managing the interim floors to maintain a hospitable, inclusive, clean and safe environment
- Providing facility tours to visitors and new program participants
- Providing support to case management staff and program participants to support goal completion
- Providing information, referrals, linkages and advocacy for participants as much as possible
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience working in residential settings with highly vulnerable populations, particularly those with health, mental health and substance abuse issues
- Have experience in homeless services, case management and permanent supportive housing; preferred
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Residential Coordinator must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Commit to maintaining regular and consistent attendance
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1654
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.