Grants Associate II
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $24.03/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is currently seeking candidates with experience in development, fundraising or grant writing and excellent writing ability to join our Strategic Partnerships Department as a Grants Associate. This position will be based out of our regional headquarters in Los Angeles.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
Please note: A relevant writing sample is required to be considered for this position.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Strategic Partnerships Department supports PATH’s mission by organizing outreach and engagement with the community and procuring funding or other resources for our programs through fundraising, donations, and grants.
WHAT IS A GRANTS ASSOCIATE?
The Grants Associate supports PATH’s organizational fundraising goals by assisting with grant procurement activities such as conducting research, compiling relevant reports, and composing effective communication, including proposals. In addition to handling a high volume of proposals and reports, the Grants Associate also assists with other developmental activities as needed and has the opportunity to learn and help shape PATH’s many diverse programs. Responsibilities of the Grants Associate include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Partnering with the grants team and program teams to write and assemble compelling grant applications for private foundations and corporations
- Assisting with the preparation of progress and final reports including information compilation, drafting, and timely submission
- Researching and compiling information, such as statistics and developments within the community, needed to support proposals and reports
- Identifying new and potential government and private funding opportunities
- Assisting with funder engagement by attending conferences and grant workshops, coordinating site visits, and interacting with and responding to questions from corporate representatives
- Effectively managing and entering fund submissions, awards, and reports in PATH’s database
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate impeccable writing and editing skills
- Are technology proficient and have experience with Microsoft Office - knowledge of DonorPerfect or other grants management software is a plus!
- Have a proven record of successfully securing foundation and corporate grants
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team and work effectively in an open, collaborative environment
- Are highly motivated, self-starting and develop creative solutions
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands and meet deadlines in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Project a professional demeanor, have a positive attitude along and demonstrate great interpersonal skills
For this role the Grants Associate must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field OR equivalent relevant experience
- Have at least 1 year of experience in development, fundraising or grant writing
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1653
to submit your application. A resume and writing sample are required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.