Senior Director of Human Resources
Los Angeles, CA 90004
$110,000 Annually DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking qualified professionals to become a key member of our leadership team as the Senior Director of Human Resources. The Senior Director of Human Resources will serve as a business leader and trusted advisor for PATH’s human resources strategy and functions throughout the state of California.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS THE SENIOR DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES?
The Senior Director of Human Resources guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies and programs for PATH. This role blends leadership, generalist, business partnership, organizational effectiveness and change management competencies to support PATH’s mission, vision and values. Responsibilities of the Senior Director of Human Resources include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Building and developing a customer-centric HR team that delivers HR priorities and creates value for the organization
- Coaching and developing the HR and leadership teams around people leadership, talent development and employee engagement
- Using internal and external data to understand and support the improvement of organizational results and create effective strategies
- Maintaining an active connection with management and workforce that is engaging and effective
- Employee Relations
- Evolving and enabling a winning culture at PATH that values and rewards performance, accountability, ethics and people
- Creating and deploying effective processes for compensation, benefits and wellness programs that drive business objectives
- Collaborating with Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee, Executive Team and the Board to implement DEI strategies and success measures
- Serving as a consistent and confident voice in critical decisions, ensuring balance in key operational and strategic decisions
- Coaching leaders on delivering effective and impactful employee relations-based conversations and documentation
- Talent Management
- Ensuring effective execution of workforce planning, compensation, performance management, employee development, recruiting and attrition management
- Serving as a “keen eye for talent” that is a trusted aid for leadership in building their team
- Administration and Legal Compliance
- Preparing periodic reports for management to track strategic goals
- Maintaining knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure compliance throughout PATH
- Consulting with legal counsel as appropriate or directed on personnel matters
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Display strong skills in problem solving, organizational agility, strategic agility and leadership
- Demonstrate broad thinking and perspective of current diversity, equity, and inclusion trends and change management best practices
- Demonstrate excellence in effective verbal and written communication across a variety of channels
- Have a strong understanding of diversity and ethics policies and best practices
- Have a strong sense of customer service
- Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions
- Have extensive experience and skill in handling a variety of employee relations matters
- Have excellent time management and organizational skills across multiple priorities, overlapping tasks, and multiple businesses
- Possess a strong work ethic and follow-through with the desire to take initiative and address business needs proactively
For this role the Senior Director of Human Resources must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree or have equivalent experience; Professional certification in human resources strongly preferred
- Have at least 10 years of experience working in a human resources management capacity
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, various HRM systems and workforce metrics reporting methods and systems
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1456
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.