Temporary Intake Coordinator
Long Beach, CA 90805
Starting at $17.31/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with previous experience in social services to join our South County programs as an Intake Coordinator to support the LACDA Rent Relief Program.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The LACDA Rent Relief program is a partnership with Los Angeles County that assists those impacted by COVID-19 to access special funding.
WHAT IS AN INTAKE COORDINATOR?
The intake coordinator provides data and administrative support for the rent relief program by assisting with the overall organization of data, administration, program procedures and adherence to program polices set forth by LACDA Rent Relief Program. Responsibilities of the Intake Coordinator include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Reviewing and monitoring all requirements for benefits for enrollees according to the guidelines set forth by LACDA
- Maintaining necessary documentation for program enrollees
- Serving as the point of contact for CareLinQ data
- Serving as the point of contact for 211 referrals
- Assisting enrollees in obtaining and completing necessary documentation for the program
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate a high level of organization and time management
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Intake Coordinator must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in social services
- Have functional knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1641
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.