Case Manager II
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting $16/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with homeless services experience to join our Metro LA Housing Solutions Program as a Case Manager III.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Metro LA Housing Solutions program is a new partnership with LeSar Consultants and Anthem. This program utilizes PATH’s integrated care approach to provide outreach, engagement, and case management services to those referred to us by LeSar and Anthem. Services are delivered by the PATH Outreach Team to quickly assess participant needs and link them to long-term housing, health, mental health and other supportive services.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
The Case Manager provides field-based direct client services alongside a team of other case managers, housing locators, employment specialists and community providers to clients. Responsibilities of the Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing mobile, strengths-based direct client case management services designed to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining stable housing
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized treatment plans that address short- and long-term goals
- Providing on-going case management support to monitor plan progress and make adjustments as necessary
- Preforming housing location and retention services including landlord outreach, unit inspections and providing mediation support
- Working closely with program employment specialists to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining stable employment
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPPA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of or experience with rapid rehousing and case management techniques
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have a minimum of one year of experience providing intensive case management services in homeless services, or to those with mental health, substance use or co-occurring disorders, or to vulnerable populations
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1633
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.