Lead Residential Service Coordinator
San Diego, CA 92101
Starting at $22.59/hr
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience with homeless services experience to join our Permanent Supportive Housing Program in San Diego as a Lead Residential Service Coordinator. This position will be based out of Connections Housing in downtown San Diego.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s Permanent Supportive Housing Program provide wraparound services to those who have experienced homelessness and have a history of chronic health, mental health, and/or co-occurring conditions. Services are centralized and provided to clients living on-site to ensure ease of access to the resources necessary for long-term housing stabilization, improving their quality of life and community integration.
WHAT IS A LEAD RESIDENTIAL SERVICE COORDINATOR?
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Lead Residential Service Coordinator (LRSC) oversees the Permanent Supportive Housing Program. Responsibilities of the LRSC include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Program Management & Oversight
- Providing oversight of program contracts to ensure successful implementation, service coordination and program achievement
- Functioning as the primary contact for all program matters
- Providing administrative oversight to team including documentation quality, assurance, and reporting
- Staff Support & Development
- Providing direct supervision to staff
- Conducting weekly meeting sand providing regular feedback and coaching on performance
- Supportive Services
- Maintaining a direct client case load
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized case plans that include long- and short-term goals
- Providing on-going case management support to assess progress and adjust plans as necessary
- Providing case management supports that move clients form a high intensity level of service to a more independent, recovery focused level
- Maintaining documentation standards as set forth by PATH polices and program contracts
- Providing crisis intervention services
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have homeless services, mental health and permanent supportive housing experience
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field; Master’s Degree is strongly preferred
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Lead Residential Service Coordinator must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be willing and able to provide community and in-home based services
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1630
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.