Case Manager II – Interim Housing
San Diego, CA 92101
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience providing services to vulnerable populations to join our San Diego Interim Housing Program as a Case Manager.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Interim Housing programs provide low-barrier, high-tolerance settings for program participants, referred to as guests, who are experiencing homelessness and have a variety of complex health, functional and social needs. These home-like environments are coupled with support and case management services to assist guests with developing a plan to break the cycle of homelessness, stabilize in housing and reintegrate into the community.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
Case Managers play a key role in guests’ success by providing support related to establishing and pursuing a long-term housing plan and accessing and maintaining necessary services. Responsibilities include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting new client intakes and handling documentation into the HMIS
- Collaborating with clients and other PATH staff to develop individualized treatment plans that address barriers to obtaining services, housing, and health care
- Providing information, referrals, linkages, on-going case management support and advocacy for identified needs
- Working with the case management and operations teams to ensure that the facility provides a home-like environment and is clean and safe for all
- Maintaining complete and accurate documentation of all service objectives, outcomes, and guest interactions
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate knowledge with advanced case management techniques and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Are technology proficient, particularly with MS Office Suite.
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and have at least 1 year of case management experience with highly vulnerable populations, particularly those with health, mental health, and substance use issues
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours that include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1619
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.