Street Based Intensive Case Manager – LAX
West Los Angeles, 90045
Starting at $19.23/hr and increasing with experience
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is urgently seeking candidates with case management or street outreach experience to join our LAX Intensive Street Team as an Street Based Intensive Case Manager.
In addition to the opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of others, we offer our team members a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s LAX Program utilizes our Street Outreach Integrated Care approach to provide outreach, engagement and case management services to those experiencing homelessness in LAX and on LAX property. These services are delivered by the LAX Intensive Street team to quickly assess needs and link clients to long-term housing, health, mental health and other supportive services.
WHAT IS A STREET BASED INTENSIVE CASE MANAGER?
As part of LAX Intensive Street team, the Street Based Intensive Case Manager participates in daily street outreach. They serve as the central point of contact through which care and services are coordinated during the period of time that clients are living on the street. Responsibilities of the Street Based Intensive Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing field-based case management services including, but not limited to, independent living skills, housing stabilization, community integration, employment linkage, benefits establishment, and linkage to community providers for substance abuse, primary and mental health care
- Providing ongoing strengths-based case management support and service coordination to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining stable housing
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized treatment plans that address short- and long-term goals
- Maintaining documentation standards set forth by the program contact and PATH policies
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with case management techniques, including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing.
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Street Based Intensive Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1613
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.