Case Manger VI – VASH
North Long Beach, CA 90805
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking Master's Level candidates (MSW or MFT) to join our South County VASH Program as a Case Manager VI. This position is based out our North Long Beach location and will provide field-based services wherever our clients reside.
We offer our employees a rewarding work environment and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, and retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Veteran Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) Program works to promote housing stability among very low-income Veteran individuals or families who are experiencing or at imminent risk of homelessness.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
Case Managers are at the heart of our work at PATH. They provide outreach, linkage, and retention services to individuals experiencing homelessness alongside a team of other case managers, housing locators, and community providers. Responsibilities include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized treatment plans and monitoring progress
- Providing strength-based case management and service coordination designed to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining stable housing
- Providing field-based case management services such as coaching on independent living skills, assistance with housing stabilization and benefits establishment, and linkage to community providers for services needed by clients to reach their goals
- Providing crisis intervention services focused on enhancing clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate care
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have the ability to maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with case management techniques such as critical time intervention, strategies for harm reduction, crisis intervention, and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Master's Degree in Social Work or Marriage & Family Therapy (MSW or MFT)
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Pass the Veteran Affairs Background Screening
- Tuberculosis Test
- PATH's standard Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1615
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.