Los Angeles, CA 90027
Starting at $16/hr and increasing with experience
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates ready to make a positive impact in the lives of others to join our Interim Housing team as a Cook. This position will be at our newly opened location on Riverside Drive in Los Feliz.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that include medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Interim Housing programs provide low-barrier, high-tolerance settings for program participants, referred to as guests, who are experiencing homelessness and have a variety of complex health, functional and social needs. These home-like environments are coupled with support and case management services to assist guests with developing a plan to break the cycle of homelessness, stabilize in housing and reintegrate into the community.
WHAT IS A COOK?
Cooks play an integral role in creating a welcoming environment for PATH’s interim housing guests by preparing and serving nutritious meals for our guests. Responsibilities of the cook include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Cooking large quantities of food utilizing staggered cooking, heating, and baking
- Preparing food and beverages according to standardized recipes, production sheets and menus
- Organizing duties so that meals are ready at appropriate times and at appropriate temperatures
- Setting up and serving on the tray line
- Assisting volunteers by providing support to ensure they have a valuable experience
- Maintaining equipment and facility operation and sanitation
- Assisting as needed with picking up and dropping off food donations and meals utilizing the PATH company vehicle
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have or are able to obtain a Food Handling Certificate
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA Standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Cook must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1609
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.