Case Manager III
Long Beach, CA 90805
Starting at $19.23/hr and increasing with experience
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with case management experience to join our South County Programs as a Level III Case Manager. This position will be based out of our location in Long Beach and provide field-based services.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our South County Programs comprise of both Rapid Rehousing and Homelessness Prevention & Problem Solving Programs. Respectively, these programs provide temporary financial assistance and services to return people experiencing homelessness to permanent housing and temporary financial assistance and support to prevent people from falling into homelessness.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
Case Managers work alongside a team of other case managers, housing locators, employment specialists and community providers to provide supportive services to PATH’s clients. Responsibilities of the Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing field-based case management services including independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, community integration, employment linkage, assistance with benefits establishment, and linkage to community providers for substance use, primary and mental health care
- Providing strengths-based case management and services coordination services focused on clients obtaining and stabilizing in housing
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized treatment plans and providing on-going support to assess and ensure treatment plans goals are met or adjusted as necessary
- Performing housing location and retention services through neighborhood canvassing, landlord outreach, unit inspections and dispute resolution support
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with rapid rehousing and case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Have HMIS experience (preferred)
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
- Have at lease 1 year of experience with intensive case management in homeless services or with mental health, substance use, co-occurring disorders or vulnerable populations
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vacciantion
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1608
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.