Problem Solving Specialist
Long Beach, CA 90805
$19.23/hr and increasing with experience
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates is seeking candidates with homeless services experience to join our West Los Angeles Programs as a Problem Solving Specialist.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vison coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS A PROBLEM SOLVING SPECIALIST?
Problem-Solving is a humanistic approach that works to reduce system in-flow by creatively assisting households and individuals in maintaining their current housing or identifying an immediate and safe housing alternative.
The Problem Solving Specialist engages with clients at the onset of receiving housing support services and until housing is achieved, regardless of perceived needs or barriers. Responsibilities of the Problem Solving Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing field-based case management services including, but not limited to, independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, community integration, employment linkage, benefits establishment and linkage to community providers for substance use, primary and mental health care
- Providing strengths-based case management and service coordination
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized treatment plans
- Providing on-going support to assess progress and ensure treatment plan outcomes are met or adjusted as necessary
- Providing crisis intervention services focused on enhancing the clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills and manage and self-coordinate care
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with evidenced-based case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Problem Solving Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years or relevant experience OR have equivalent relevant experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1607
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.