Accreditation & Compliance Specialist
Los Angeles, CA
$24.08/hr - $26.44/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking Master’s level candidates to join our QAC department as an Accreditation & Compliance Specialist. This position is based out of our Regional Headquarters in Los Angeles and will serve our programs across Southern California.
We offer our employees a rewarding work environment in addition to a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Quality Assurance and Compliance Department (QAC) oversees both contract and programmatic compliance by ensuring standards are outlined and implemented according to internal and external compliance expectations. The QAC supports 11 programmatic departments and over 100 government contracts and collaborates with program teams to develop, implement and analyze program performance to ensure the quality and compliance of PATH programs.
WHAT IS THE ACCREDITATION & COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST?
The Accreditation & Compliance Specialist is responsible for the implementation and coordination of the accreditation process in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures for PATH’s administrative and programs departments. Responsibilities of the Accreditation & Compliance Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Serving as the content expert for administrative departments and programs regarding the interpretation of standards, survey and accreditation process
- Ensuring key stakeholders understand the accreditation process and its standards and expectations
- Following up with departments to promote document retention and timely submission of records
- Promoting success withing PATH towards reaching established goals and objectives, including assisting in survey planning strategies and problem-solving activities
- Assisting with the development, production, review and finalization of documents needed or submitted for compliance or survey review
- Participating in internal committees or task force groups regarding business plans or revision or development of written policies, procedures, and organizational standards
- Reviewing Quality Improvement Plans for accuracy and providing communication regarding discrepancies and timely submission
- Assisting departments in planning and maintaining quality between accreditation cycles
- Providing project management for survey preparation, coordinating site visit logistics with accrediting organizations, and providing assistance to accrediting organizations during the survey process
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Masters Degree in a related field (strongly preferred)
- Have at least 2 years of related experience, experience in homeless services or social services strongly preferred
- Have experience with administering the accreditation & certification process, leading project management for a multidisciplinary teams, and the operational processes within non-profit or government organizations
- Demonstrate strong project management and time management skills
- Have a proven ability to research accreditation standards, criteria and elements
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Effectively build business relationships and collaborations both internally and externally
- Display proficiency in data collection, analysis, evaluation and reporting
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and attention to detail while coordinating multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
- Are proficient with Microsoft Office and database systems, including mastery with Word and Excel
For this role the Accreditation & Compliance Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1600
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.