Case Manger II – ICMS
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $16.82/hr and increasing with experience
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with at least one year of experience in homeless services to join our PSS Program as a Level II ICMS Case Manager. This position will be based in PATH Ventures PSH Development Metro Villas II Apartments.
We offer our employees a rewarding work environment as well as a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s Permanent Supportive Services (PSS) programs provide Intensive Case Management Services (ICMS) in a Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) setting to individuals who have experienced homelessness and have a history of chronic health, mental health, and/or co-occurring conditions. Services are centralized and provided to clients living on-site to ensure ease of access to the resources necessary for long-term housing stabilization, improving their quality of life and community integration.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
Case Managers work collaboratively with a range of community service providers and other PATH staff members to coordinate services and ensure tenants living in PSH Developments are progressing towards their individual goals and the goals of the program. Responsibilities of the ICMS Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Meeting with tenants on a weekly basis to provide strengths-based case management and service coordination services to assist in obtaining and maintaining stable housing
- Collaborating with tenants to create person-centered goal plans that address short- and long-term goals
- Providing onsite, in-home and mobile case management services including, but not limited to, independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, community integration, employment, benefits establishment, and linkage to community providers for problematic substance use, primary and mental health care.
- Providing crisis intervention services focused on enhancing tenants’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills and manage and self-coordinate care
- Mediating and advocating on behalf of the tenant to help them obtain and keep housing, health care benefits, entitlements, transportation and other services necessary to work towards goals
- Maintaining documentation standards in accordance with program contract and PATH policies
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have a minimum of one year of worked/lived experience in homeless services, case management, health services, mental health, substance use disorders or permanent supportive housing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the ICMS Case Manager II must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in human services, social work or related field OR have comparable years of professional experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1599
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.