Los Angeles, CA 90004
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in social services to join our Housing Partnerships Program as a Housing Specialist. This role works out of multiple PATH sites and provides field-based services throughout the LA Metro Area.
We offer our employees a rewarding work environment as well as a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Housing Partnerships Program (HPP) works to develop and maintain long-term housing partnerships with landlords and properties in Los Angeles and Southern California. This includes heading the development and real-time documentation of available housing resources, providing tenant and property mediation support, and spearheading best practices to develop relationships and rapport with the landlord community.
WHAT IS A HOUSING SPECIALIST?
As part of the HPP team, the Housing Specialist provides landlord outreach and engagement services to develop a full range of permanent housing opportunities for homeless families, homeless individuals and youth, and veterans. Responsibilities of the Housing Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Cultivating and maintaining robust lists of available housing within Salesforce
- Providing strong customer service support to landlords and CBO staff regarding housing placements and concerns
- Facilitating and ensuring and efficient housing process form unit acquisition to lease-up
- Assisting with the coordination and execution of landlord mobilization and appreciation events
- Executing property inspections in alignment with PATH and LAHSA procedures and standards
- Networking with other agencies, coalitions, and local community partners
- Maintaining knowledge of housing subsidy rules and regulations
- Maintaining complete and accurate documentation of services and outcomes in accordance with laws and PATH guidelines
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience with property management and real estate functions including knowledge of supportive housing, housing markets, and city planning and public policy
- Demonstrate knowledge of Federal, State and Local fair housing laws
- Are computer proficient, especially with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel; Salesforce experience preferred
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Housing Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Have at least 2 years of experience working with social services, populations in crisis including the homeless and people with disabilities, and property management or real estate
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1597
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.