PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is urgently seeking candidates to join our new CBEST ICMS program as a Case Manager.
We currently offer a competitive benefits package and room to grow your career in social services – there’s nothing we like more than promoting from within!
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The Countywide Benefits Entitlement Services Team (CBEST) Intensive Case Management Services (ICMS) program provides benefits advocacy for individuals who are currently homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness and are eligible for disability benefits. These services are focused on maximizing program participants’ income, leading to increasing access to permanent housing and leading to long-term housing stability.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
The Case Manager provides assistance to program participants by working with DHS to provide ICMS. Responsibilities of the Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Completing client intakes and assessments for county referrals, DPSS or walk-ins requesting assistance
- Providing field-based direct client services in collaboration with the ICMS team
- Collaborating with clients’ health and mental health care providers to aid clients in building their treatment history
- Assisting clients with applying for and obtaining benefits including but not limited to, SSI, SSDI, CAPI, and VA benefits
- Assisting clients in engaging with health and mental health services in accordance with county approved care plans
- Accompanying clients to appointments as needed
- Monitoring and following up with client progress
- Providing housing aid to clients
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of client progress in accordance with PATH policies and contractual obligations
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience working in homeless services, mental health, substance use, and co-occurring disorders or with vulnerable populations
- Have case management experience; preferred
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Have CHAMP and HMIS experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of or experience with case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques, and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test