$19.25/hr base + 50% premium pay differential
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is urgently seeking candidates with case management experience to join our COVID-19 Special Response Department as a Client Support Specialist at our Pomona Quarantine Site. This site is a hotel that has been designated by LA County to support individuals who are experiencing homelessness, are displaying symptoms that may be related to COVID-19,
This is an excellent opportunity to support Los Angeles County’s emergency response to COVID-19. This is temporary position fully eligible for benefits with an anticipated program end date of 12/31/20 and the possibility of extension.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our COVID-19 Special Response Department partners with LA County agencies to provide temporary housing that supports individuals experiencing health symptoms that may be related to COVID-19 and any existing preexisting or attendance health conditions.
WHAT IS A CLIENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST?
The Client Support Specialist is an integral component of LA County’s emergency response to COVID-19. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, they work alongside a team of other Client Support Specialists, Department of Public Health Clinical Staff, LAPD, LAFD, paramedics and any other first responders deployed by the county. This position will not provide any medical advice or medical services and is required to strictly follow all PPE guidelines.
Responsibilities of the Client Support Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Collaborating with DHS to process client intakes
- Providing supportive case management services to clients including:
- Dropping off supplies and delivering food utilizing the “Drop, Knock and Walk” approach to ensure no direct contact
- Supporting client needs via telephone communication by contacting them a minimum of 2x daily
- Providing education and information about COVID-19
- Working with clients to provide support in managing unpleasant emotions they are experiencing due to being isolated
- Coordinating with the Program Manager to ensure seamless meal delivery
- Discharge planning
- Supporting the team through utilization of de-escalation techniques and skills as necessary
- Supporting the hotline for appropriate intervention (nursing, mental health, supplies, food, etc.)
- Collaborating with referring organizations to coordinate client care
- Executing and maintaining documentation standards set forth by PATH and LA Count Departments
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge of or experience with case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Client Support Specialist must:
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test