Case Manager II
Santa Barbara, CA 93103
$18/hr - $22hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates passionate about social service to join PATH Santa Barbara Team as a Level II Case Manager.
This position will report to the Lease Up Program Coordinator and will serve three programs: Lease Up Santa Barbara, Project Room Key, and Rapid Rehousing. These programs offer highly individualized services in the form of case management, housing location, and temporary financial assistance. The overarching goal of each of these programs is to rapidly house program participants and provide support towards long-term housing stability.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH Santa Barbara is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and is dedicated to assisting homeless individuals achieve greater health, wellness, and self-sufficiency, by helping as many as possible access the services they need to improve their health, find employment and transition to stable housing. Additionally, The Community Kitchen located on-site at PATH Santa Barbara supplies up to 144,000 meals for residents annually and serves as a food distribution facility for other non-profits in the area.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
The Case Manager is responsible for supporting residents and clients in the rapid rehousing and interim housing programs by providing individualized support to assist them in breaking the cycle of homelessness. Responsibilities of the Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Coordinating intake and individualized needs assessments for all clients and collaborating with clients to develop Individualized Service Plans (ISP) that address barriers to obtaining services and long-term and short-term goals
- Providing case-management support to program participants including, but not limited to:
- Housing location and temporary financial assistance,
- Assistance with benefits establishment, obtaining documentation and completing applications
- Providing information, referrals, linkages and advocacy
- Monitoring and evaluating client progression through their ISP and developing modifications as necessary
- Collaborating with the case management team and program leadership to bridge services for clients and ensure that clients receive support that effectively addresses their individual needs
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Deliver and provide supportive services in a non-judgmental manner
- Display a professional demeanor at all times
- Are technology savvy and demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
- Readily and effectively work with diverse communities
For this role the Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in human behavior related field OR have equivalent experience in a related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1569
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.