Case Manager II – Swing Shift
Santa Barbara, CA 93103
$18/hr - $20/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates passionate about making in a positive impact in the lives of others to join our Santa Barbara Team as a Level II Case Manager. This is a full time position on a swing shift schedule with the anticipated hours of 4:00 pm to 12:30 a.m.
We offer a competitive benefits package and room to grow – there’s nothing we like more than promoting from within!
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH Santa Barbara is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and is dedicated to assisting homeless individuals achieve greater health, wellness, and self-sufficiency, by helping as many as possible access the services they need to improve their health, find employment and transition to stable housing. PATH Santa Barbara’s Interim Housing program provides a low-barrier, high-tolerance setting for program participants, referred to as guests, who are experiencing homelessness and have a variety of complex health, functional and social needs. Additionally, The Community Kitchen located on-site at PATH Santa Barbara supplies up to 144,000 meals for residents annually and serves as a food distribution facility for other non-profits in the area.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
Case Managers play a key role in the success of interim housing guests by providing a full range of individualized and intensive case management services. The Case Manager works collaboratively with a team of providers and the client to support housing stabilization by:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Processing referrals and conducting intake and individualized needs assessments under the supervision and guidance of program management
- Collaborating with guests to develop an Individualized Service Plan (ISP) that addresses barriers to obtaining services, housing and healthcare
- Communicating with established guests on a weekly basis to review, evaluate and support the completion of ISP plans
- Facilitating psychosocial rehabilitation groups for guests as required
- Providing on-going case management support such as:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Assistance with obtaining necessary personal identification and records
- Employment assistance and linkage
- Housing referral, location, advocacy and application
- Providing linkage and coordination support for any services necessary to achieve ISP goals
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques, and motivational interviewing
- Have HMIS experience
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1568
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.