Case Manager II – SSVF
San Diego, CA 92101
$19.23/hr - $21.63/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking qualified candidates to join our San Diego SSVF Program as a Level II Case Manager.
We offer a competitive benefits package and room to grow – there’s nothing we like more than promoting from within.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
The Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) is a rapid rehousing and prevention services program that serves Veterans experiencing homelessness or at-risk of homelessness. The program offers highly individualized services in the form of case management, housing location, and temporary financial assistance. The goal of the program is to rapidly house program participants and provide support towards long-term housing stability.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
Under the direction of the Program Manager, Case Managers provide client advocacy, case management, benefits establishment support, linkage to mental health and substance abuse service, housing linkage, and all other supportive services outlined by the SSVF Program guidelines. Responsibilities of the Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting intake and individualized needs assessments Collaborating with guests to develop an Individualized Service Plan (ISP) that addresses barriers to obtaining services, housing and healthcare
- Communicating with established clients on a weekly basis to review, evaluate and support the completion of ISP plans
- Providing on-going case management support such as:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Assistance with obtaining necessary personal identification and records
- Employment assistance and linkage
- Housing referral, location, advocacy and application assistance
- Developing personal budgets and reviewing them on a monthly basis
- Providing linkage and coordination support for any services necessary to achieve ISP goals
- Promoting through example the interim housing established values, guidelines and rules
- Collaborating with the case management and operations teams to ensure a clean and safe facility that provides a high-quality customer service environment for guests
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Office software, and experience with CRM or EHR systems
- Have case management experience with highly vulnerable populations, particularly those with health, mental health and substance abuse issues
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with evidence-based practices and advanced case management techniques including trauma informed care, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in human services or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends at the request of management
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1567
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.