Los Angeles, CA 90004
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience housing location, property management or homeless services to join our Housing Partnerships Department as a Housing Coordinator.
We offer competitive benefits and room to grow – there’s nothing we like more than promoting from within!
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Housing Partnerships Department oversees PATH’s collaboration with the United Way, the Homeless Initiative, LA Homeless Services Authority and other community partners in effectively providing and utilizing shared housing resources.
WHAT IS A HOUSING COORDINATOR?
The Housing Coordinator supports the Housing Partnership Programs (HPP) by leading a collaborative effort to maximize the use of Shared Housing programs. The Housing Coordinator works with PATH’s partners to ensure that HPP is effectively managing Shared housing, setting standards and identifying opportunities for pilot programs, and reporting outcomes to internal and external stakeholder. Responsibilities will include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Developing, facilitating and conducting Shared Housing trainings with community partners on a regular schedule
- Developing and maintaining a “Roommate Matching” pilot program to identify Shard Housing opportunities
- Developing and maintaining reports for submission to funders
- Identifying Shared housing practices throughout the nation to suggest promising implementation to PATH’s HPP
- Facilitating partnerships with Shared Housing landlords and housing providers and maintaining a portfolio of active Landlords
- Identifying gaps in service, needs for the program, and possible sources of income that can support program implementation
- Collaborate with the Associate Director and Director of HPP to develop the program implementation plan and evaluate progress
- Maintaining complete and accurate documentation of service objectives, outcomes, and other information as necessary in accordance with Federal, State, County and PATH guidelines
- Attending community meetings to represent PATH and the interests of HPP
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have at least 2 years of experience working within housing location, property management and/or homeless services
- Demonstrate knowledge of homeless programs and housing subsidies
- Understanding and support of Shared Housing as a valid permanent housing opportunity
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Have the ability to work with a wide variety of landlords and property management companies
- Are technology proficient and are well versed with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and Salesforce CRM
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Display flexibility, adaptability and a strong sense of prioritization and are capable of coordinating multiple demands in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Are certified mediators or have experience in conflict resolution; preferred
For this role the Housing Coordinator must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or have equivalent professional experience
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends at the request of management
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1452
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.