Kitchen Aide – Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93103
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates passionate about making a difference in the lives of others to join our Interim Housing Program in Santa Barbara as a Kitchen Aide.
This is a part time position with an anticipated schedule of 3pm – 9pm on Saturdays, Sundays, and Wednesdays.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH Santa Barbara is dedicated to assisting homeless individuals achieve greater health, wellness, and self-sufficiency, by helping as many as possible access the services they need to improve their health, find employment and transition to stable housing. PATH Santa Barbara is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Located on-site at PATH Santa Barbara, The Community Kitchen annually supplies up to 144,000 meals for residents. The Community Kitchen also serves as a food distribution facility to other non- profits, collecting more than 600 vans full of donated food and redistributing two-thirds of it to local programs and agencies.
WHAT IS A KITCHEN AIDE?
The Kitchen Aide is an integral part of our Interim Housing. They help us create the welcoming, home-like environment by ensuring the kitchen and dining room are kept clean, stocked and ready. Responsibilities of the Kitchen Aide include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Organizing and maintaining the walk-in fridge, pantry and freezer daily
- Preparing the serving area for the dinners fixed by the Kitchen Cook/Chef and to serve dinner
- Performing daily cleaning projects as assigned by the Kitchen Cook/Chef
- Coordinating volunteers and members to help with food serving and cleaning up the serving area and kitchen area after dinner
- Preparing the sack lunches for the next day
- Giving assignments that are relevant to the community kitchen to volunteers and community service people
- Ensuring compliance with and signing off on all cleaning and health department logs daily
- Making sure the kitchen is cleaned and organized and in compliance with the health department at all times
- Triaging with the Kitchen Cook/Chef on a daily basis to ensure coordination within the kitchen between shifts
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have an outgoing and optimistic personality
- Have basic understanding of commercial kitchen appliances
- Have the ability to lift 25+ pounds on a regular basis
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate in a clear and concise matter
For this role the Kitchen Aide must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be ServSafe certified
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1302
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.