Quality Assurance & Compliance Specialist
Los Angeles, CA 90004
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with active clinical licenses to join our QAC Department as a Quality Assurance & Compliance Specialist.
This is an excellent opportunity to assist with the development, implementation and, ultimately, the success of our programs across Southern California.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Quality Assurance and Compliance Department (QAC) oversees both contract and programmatic compliance by ensuring standards are outlined and implemented according to internal and external compliance expectations. The QAC supports 11 programmatic departments and over 100 government contracts and collaborates with program teams to develop, implement and analyze program performance to ensure the quality and compliance of PATH programs.
WHAT IS A QUALITY ASSURANCE AND COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST?
Under the supervision of the Associate Director, the Quality Assurance & Compliance (QAC) Specialist provides a portfolio of PATH programs with support in implementation, auditing, risk management, reporting, performance, and evaluation assistance. Responsibilities of the QAC Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Program Implementation
- Supporting program directors with project management activities to ensure implementation tasks are completed
- Drafting and distributing contract summary sheets and other necessary documentation and ensuring existing documents are shared
- Training staff on new processes and systems
- Maintaining expert knowledge of all contracts to provide guidance to program staff
- Internal and External Auditing
- Facilitating and coordinating internal and external QA audits
- Collaborating with program leadership to develop audit response and corrective action plans
- Completing internal audits for PATH programs by conducting assessments, site visits and desk monitoring reviews to ensure services are being rendered and documented in accordance to all standards
- Compiling findings and communicating results and recommendations for improvements
- Risk Management
- Assisting in the assessment of PATH programs and subrecipients to ensure risk of liability is mitigated
- Assisting in the identification of any contractual risks to PATH and working to mitigate liability
- Reporting and Performance Evaluation
- Collecting, monitoring, summarizing and analyzing programmatic goals, outcomes and achievements
- Utilizing qualitative and quantitative data to conduct program evaluations and assisting with the development of data collection instruments
- Producing quarterly performance reports for program departments
- Supporting program staff in interpreting and using analysis for program improvement
- Documentation Management and Administrative Program Support
- Managing the collection, revision, and implementation of policies and procedures for programs
- Providing support to program managers when drafting program manuals and clinical guidelines
- Providing training on universal program policies or procedures, including clinical documentation
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience providing clinical review and monitoring of behavioral health or mental health programs
- Have experience with Medi-Cal compliance including documentation and operational standards
- Are experienced with reviewing and monitoring homeless service contracts and programs as well as local, state and federally funded contracts and grants
- Demonstrate ability to analyze problems, perform needs assessments, and adapt broad guidelines to achieve desired results
- Effectively exercise independent judgement within accepted practices and make appropriate recommendations
- Are technology savvy including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel, and database systems including an HMIS
- Develop effective internal and external business relationships and broker buy-in from all stakeholders
- Have project management experience
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Quality Assurance & Compliance Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Master’s Degree in a related field
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a related job function or industry experience in quality assurance, compliance and program development
- Have an active clinical license in social work, marriage and family therapy or professional clinical counseling
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1365
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.