Associate Director of Quality Assurance
Los Angeles, CA 90004
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in program development and oversight to join our Quality Assurance Department at the Associate Director.
This is an excellent opportunity to take part in leading the development, implementation and, ultimately, the success of our programs across Southern California.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Quality Assurance and Compliance Department (QAC) oversees both contract and programmatic compliance by ensuring standards are outlined and implemented according to internal and external compliance expectations. The QAC supports 11 programmatic departments and over 100 government contracts and collaborates with program teams to develop, implement and analyze program performance to ensure the quality and compliance of PATH programs.
WHAT IS THE ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF QUALITY ASSURANCE?
Under the leadership of the Direct of Quality Assurance, the Associate Director is responsible for the daily operations of the QAC and provides oversight of the QAC staff and functions. This includes:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Management and Oversight of the QAC staff and their work
- Risk Management
- Overseeing assessments of programs’ and subcontractors’ capacities to ensure ability to comply to all applicable regulations
- Serving as an expert on grant compliance, OMB Circular interpretation, and government regulations
- Assisting with the identification of any risks to PATH and the mitigation of any risks or liabilities
- Program Implementation
- Supporting the ramp-up and implementation of new programs by providing project management support to program directors
- Providing training to staff on new processes and systems
- Maintaining expert knowledge of new and existing contracts to provide guidance
- Internal and External Auditing
- Overseeing the planning, facilitation, and coordination of internal and external audits and monitoring of PATH programs and subcontractors
- Collaborating with program leadership to prepare for external audits and develop response and corrective action plans
- Developing and assisting with the execution and implementation of monitoring tools and reports
- Reporting and Performance Evaluation
- Assisting with the development, coordination and facilitation of program evaluations through qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Overseeing the production of quarterly performance reports for all program departments
- Supporting program staff with interpreting and utilizing data for program improvement
- Documentation Management and Administrative Program Support
- Ensuring the systematic collection, revision, and implementation of policies and standard operating procedures
- Providing support to program leaders in drafting program manuals and handbooks
- Providing training for program policies and procedures universal to PATH
- Assisting with the creation of universal program forms, templates or other miscellaneous documents
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience developing objectives and general policies for specific programs and functional areas within a general scope of established operational goals and plans
- Demonstrate ability to frequently solve complex problems
- Manage and complete a diverse range of complex and interrelated tasks while directly applying a variety of procedures, policies and precedents
- Develop effective internal and external business relationships and broker buy-in from all stakeholders
- Are self-starting and take initiative with motivation and enthusiasm
- Have strong project management skills and display a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Think critically and are proficient in data collection, analysis, evaluation and reporting
- Are technology savvy including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel, and database systems including an HMIS
- Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
For this role the Associate Director of Quality Assurance must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Master’s Degree in Social Work, Public Administration, Business or other related field
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in non-profit administration, program development, program evaluation, and/or quality assurance
- Have supervisory and leadership experience in a related job function or industry
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1564
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.