Program Manager – HHP & RICMS
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Starting at $45k annually and increasing with experience
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with extensive experience in homeless services to support our HHP & RICMS programs as a Program Manager in Los Angeles.
This an excellent opportunity put your passion to work and continue to grow your career in social services!
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Health Homes Program (HHP) and Re-entry Intensive Case Management Services (RICMS) program are part of our Intensive Case Management Services (ICMS) department and provide services specific to the needs of program participants. The HHP is a Medi-Cal care coordination program that focuses on the reduction of avoidable hospitalizations and ER visits for persons experiencing homelessness. The RICMS program provides intensive case management services for persons exiting the justice system to provide linkages to housing, mental health, medical, and substance use providers in order to increase health outcomes and decrease recidivism.
WHAT IS A PROGRAM MANAGER?
The Program Manager provides implementation, operational, oversight and administrative support to the Director and Associate Director of the ICMS Department for the HHP and RICMS programs. Due to their level of experience and expertise, Program Managers may carry a reduced case load of higher acuity participants in addition to providing guidance and supervision to the case management team. Responsibilities of the Program Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Case Management Support
- Provide field-based and in office clinical support and supervision for case managers
- Completing staff assessments and evaluations
- Assisting case managers with providing guidance to newly housed participants
- Coordinating and participating in group outings and event with community partners
- Program Management & Oversight
- Collaborating with the Director, Associate Director and Quality Assurance Team to ensure contract compliance including successful implementation, coordination of services, and achievement of performance measures
- Assisting with all staff meetings and providing leadership and agendas
- Training new staff on all program expectations and standards and providing onboarding support
- Assisting with funder relations by participating in calls and tracking and ensuring the completion of funder required trainings
- Administering, tracking and providing oversight of participant services funds
- Processing referrals and enrollment into the HMIS database and ensuring all documentation is accurate and up to date
- Reporting & Contract Compliance
- Overseeing the completion and submission of all required program and contract reports
- Training and supporting staff in documentation requirements
- Completing monthly Quality Assurance Audits
- Attending and leading all site monitoring visits
- Overseeing reporting and billing reconciliation
- Program Development & Evaluation
- Supporting the Associate Director and Director with the start-up of new programs and oversight of operations
- Liaising with the program funder to ensure system level barriers are reduced and innovate and implement strategies to ensure contract scope is met as well as PATH’s service guidelines
- Collaborating with the evaluation team to ensure program data is used to assess and manage staff and program and participant outcomes
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Effectively resolve and cope with immediate crisis situations
- Demonstrate experience with program start-up
- Demonstrate experience with program outcome tracking and report tracking
- Are well versed in working with program funders
- Have experience analyzing program procedures and practices to identify barriers to achievement and making corrective recommendations
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
- Represent the interests of the agency, interact effectively with a diverse group and are comfortable building successful collaborative relationships with program participants, staff, and other stake holders
For this role the Program Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a social services field; Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) strongly preferred
- Have at least 2 years of experience providing direct mental health or intensive case management services
- Have extensive experience working in homeless services or working with vulnerable populations
- Have extensive experience in staff supervision, program development and implementation as well as development of policies and procedures
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1563
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.