Los Angeles, CA 90004
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is urgently seeking an experienced payroll professional to join our Human Resources team as a Payroll Specialist. This position will provide payroll support for our organization’s programs throughout California, so excellent interpersonal ability in combination with analytical skills is a must!
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS A PAYROLL SPECIALIST?
Part of the HR Team, the Payroll Specialist plays an essential role in PATH’s operations by ensuring the accuracy, compliance and maintenance of all activities within PATH’s centralized payroll system. With a majority of our employees based out in the field servicing clients, to be successful the Payroll Specialist must have a strong sense of customer service and outstanding interpersonal skills in combination with strong analytic and problem-solving ability.
Responsibilities of the Payroll Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data including establishing and maintaining employee records
- Preparing and processing payroll via Payroll Link (vendor), including final review and coordination of research and/or contact with the vendor as necessary to ensure accuracy
- Handling the administration of the electronic timekeeping system including employee setup, validating employee changes, adherence to FLSA, monitoring of submitted timesheets and ensuring valid data transfers to and from Payroll Link
- Preparing payroll related reports and ensuring that taxes and quarterly returns are filed on-time and correctly
- Working with Payroll Link to resolve discrepancies
- Providing payroll information and assistance to employees and supervisors by answering questions and requests
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have 5+ years’ experienced working with an HRIS system; Payroll Link a huge plus!
- Hold FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) or CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) certification; strongly preferred
- Have working knowledge of payroll process coordination and required paperwork
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have excellent attention to detail, displaying a methodical and driven approach to verifying the finest detail
- Have solid interpersonal skills and the ability to develop good relationships
- Demonstrate experience working with confidential information requiring discretion and tact
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and the ability to coordinate multiple demands and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
For this role the Payroll Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have 3+ years’ experience working in a Human Resources department and a solid understanding of payroll, wage and salary, and benefit administration
- Hold a minimum of High School Diploma or G.E.D.; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1557
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.