Housing Specialist II - SSVF
San Diego, CA 92101
$19.23/hr - $21.63/hr
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of others to join our San Diego SSVF program as a Housing Specialist.
We currently offer fully paid benefits and room to grow your career in social services – there’s nothing we like more than promoting from within!
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s SSVF Programs work to promote housing stability among very low-income Veteran families who reside in or are transitioning into permanent housing. The SSVF program focuses heavily on linking Veterans to resources provided by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) program.
WHAT IS A HOUSING SPECIALIST?
Housing Specialists assist with engaging, managing and retaining landlord and property management company relationships to develop a full range of permanent rapid rehousing opportunities for our clients.
The Housing Specialist collaborates with case managers, clients and landlords to identify and secure housing opportunities by:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Developing and maintaining a robust list of available housing and coordinating the communication of real-time housing stock to assigned PATH programs
- Monitoring and evaluating the housing process between the landlord community and housing program teams to ensure efficient and effective collaboration
- Providing a high-level of customer service support to participating landlords in response to questions and concerns
- Assisting with the coordination and execution of landlord mobilization and appreciation events
- Providing landlord housing and retention training to internal PATH programs
- Providing mediation support for case management teams, tenants and properties to resolve tenant and landlord disputes and promote long-term tenancy
- Assisting guests with housing applications and transportation as necessary
- Providing on-site services including property inspections and in-home meetings for mediation purposes
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Have at least two years’ experience working with social services, populations in crisis, including the homeless population or people with disabilities, and education or experience with property management and realty functions
- Have knowledge of California Fair Housing and Reasonable Accommodation regulations
- Are able to work with a wide variety of landlords and property management companies
- Are technology proficient with experience using Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Housing Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have the flexibility to work a schedule that may include some evenings and weekends and be able to provide after-hours telephone coverage for PATH on a rotating basis as needed
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1556
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.