Director of Programs – San Diego
San Diego, CA 92101
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is urgently seeking candidates with leadership experience in homeless services to join our team and head our operations in San Diego as the Director of Programs.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organization known for its passionate people and spearheading change in Southern California.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
We currently operate a wide range of programs in the San Diego community that provide permanent housing and highly individualized services to participants. These programs include permanent supportive housing, interim housing, enhanced outreach, rapid rehousing, whole person wellness, and health homes and community care coordination.
WHAT IS A DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS?
The Director of Programs provides operational oversight for all of our San Diego programs as well as prospective program opportunities. Responsibilities include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Program Management & Oversight
- Ensuring the successful implementation, coordination of participant services, achievement of program performance measures, and contract compliance
- Serving as the primary point of contact for all program matters and related inquires
- Monitoring program budgets
- Staff Support & Development
- Providing direct supervision to staff managing San Diego programs, including planning, scheduling and adjusting workloads as necessary
- Providing regular and appropriate feedback including training, opportunities for professional growth, evaluations, and verbal and written improvement plans
- Program Outreach
- Educating, networking and representing the programs to local agencies, coalitions, community stakeholders, residents, city and county governments, and other organizations
- Reports & Contract Compliance
- Reviewing and authorizing all program and contract reports prior to submittal
- Reviewing and explaining contract scopes and services to staff
- Performing periodic audits
- Attending all site monitoring visits
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have experience working with program funders
- Are experienced with analyzing program procedures to identify barriers and impediments to achieving goals and making recommendations for course-correction
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have knowledge of program management including experience preparing and monitoring budgets
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and effectively both as an individual and as part of a team
- Are experienced with managing and supervising large teams of 100+ employees
- Are effective with time management
- Demonstrate strong communication skills including speaking, listening and writing in a clear through and timely manner using appropriate tools and techniques
For this role the Director of Programs must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in human services or related field; Master’s Degree is strongly preferred
- Have supervisory experience in homeless services or related field with strong skills in staff supervision, program development and implementation and development of policies and procedures
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1434
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.