Employment Specialist II - SSVF
Hollywood, CA 90027
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is currently seeking candidates to join our SSVF program based in Hollywood as an Employment Specialist.
We offer fully paid benefits and room to grow – there’s nothing we like more than promoting from within!
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s SSVF Program works to promote housing stability among very low-income Veteran families who reside in or are transitioning into permanent housing. This includes providing resources or linkage to resources, such as those provided by the HUD-VASH program, that are required for participants to stabilize in housing long-term, gain independence, and reintegrate into the community.
WHAT IS AN EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST?
As part of the SSVF team, Employment Specialists play a key role in supporting participating Veterans by providing assistance with finding and retaining sustainable employment opportunities in Hollywood, West Los Angeles, and Antelope Valley. Responsibilities of the Employment Specialist include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting outreach activities to identify, screen and enroll participants into the program
- Providing employment related case management services such as assessment, community integration, and employment linkage
- Developing and updating Individualized Employment Plans for participants
- Conducting job readiness assessments and providing appropriate skills training such as resume development, interviewing skills and job search techniques
- Providing career counseling and job coaching and working one-on-one with clients on job retention
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with prospective employers to generate and identify employment opportunities
- Connecting with outside resources such as EDD, America’s Job Centers, vocational training schools, and community-based organizations to ensure clients have access to available services
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or have at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Preferably have previous experience in social services, homeless programs and/or working with veterans
- Demonstrate the ability to interact with a diverse clientele, including a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent case management and health needs
- Are technology proficient and are well-versed in MS Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
For this role the Employment Specialist must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1508
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.