Outreach Case Manager III – DTLA
Los Angeles, CA 90014
PATH (People Assisting the Homeless) is currently seeking passionate candidates to join our Street Outreach Program in Downtown Los Angeles as an Outreach Case Manager.
We currently offer fully paid benefits and room to grow your career – there’s nothing we like more than promoting from within!
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Street Outreach programs work to engage individuals who are currently homeless and living on the streets in an effort to provide and link them with services that will ultimately lead them to stabilize in housing long-term.
WHAT IS AN OUTREACH CASE MANAGER?
Outreach Case Managers play a key role at PATH as one of the first points of contact for homeless clients in the Los Angeles community. They utilize PATH’s street outreach integrated approach to provide both outreach and engagement and case management interventions to quickly assess and link clients who are currently homeless and living on the streets with supportive services.
Outreach Case Managers support PATH’s mission by:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting daily street outreach to develop relationships and build rapport in the interest of assisting clients with addressing barriers to obtaining services, housing and health care
- Providing field-based case management services such as coaching on independent living skills, assistance with housing stabilization and benefits establishment, employment linkage, and linkage to community providers for services needed by clients to reach their goals
- Collaborating with clients to develop individualized treatment plans and monitoring progress
- Providing crisis intervention services focused on enhancing clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate care
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have the ability to maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate knowledge or experience with case management techniques such as critical time intervention, strategies for harm reduction, crisis intervention, and motivational interviewing
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Outreach Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in human services or a related field OR have 2 or more years’ experience related to homeless services, mental health, substance abuse or case management
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1426
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.