Case Manager III - SSVF
Hollywood, CA 90028
Starting at $17.78/hr and increasing with experience
PATH (People Assisting the Homeless) is currently seeking passionate and qualified candidates to fill a Case Manger opening in our Veterans Services Department and supporting our SSVF Program.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH’s SSVF Program works to promote housing stability among very low-income Veteran families who reside in or are transitioning into permanent housing. The SSVF program focuses heavily on linking Veterans to resources provided by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) program.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
The Case Manager is the heart of our work at PATH. Case Managers work alongside a team of other case managers, housing locators and community providers in a multifaceted and collaborative approach to assist those experiencing homelessness with stabilizing in housing and becoming more deeply integrated in their community.
Case Managers work in the field directly with veterans experiencing or at risk for homelessness to provide case management services such as:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Working to develop independent living and money management skills
- Assistance with employment linkage, benefits establishment, and linkage to community providers for substance abuse, mental health and primary health care
- Collaborating with clients to develop treatment plans that address short-term and long-term goals and providing the support needed to attain set goals and client independence
- Conducting crisis and risk assessments and providing crisis intervention services focused on enhancing the clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate own care
- Providing individual or group therapy to program participants
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have demonstrated knowledge or experience with case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPPA standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
- Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1542
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.