Intake Coordinator – South County Programs
Long Beach, CA 90805
Starting at $17.30/hr and increasing with experience
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is currently seeking candidates looking to grow their career in social services to join our South County Housing Programs as an Intake Coordinator. This position will be based out of our Long Beach location and presents a great opportunity to make a positive impact.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS AN INTAKE COORDINATOR?
Intake Coordinators support our South County Housing Program by conducting the initial assessment of referred clients, determining their eligibility and providing other case management services. This includes:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Ensuring that all clients have completed VI-SPDAT assessments to determine appropriate level of intervention
- Referring clients who are a better fit for other housing interventions to applicable resources
- Conducting crisis and risk assessments in consultation with the Licensed Associate Director
- Collaborating with community service providers to develop new means of regular referral resources
- Utilizing evidence-based practices to build relationships with clients
- Notifying the referring agency of the eligibility and enrollment status of clients
- Maintaining documentation, tracking referrals and entering data into the HMIS
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information in accordance with HIPAA standards
- Preferably have homeless services, case management, mental health, substance abuse certification and/or permanent supportive housing experience
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Intake Coordinator must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be able and willing to provide community-based services on a regular basis
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1537
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.