Residential Service Coordinator II
San Diego, CA
$19.23-$21.63/hr ($40k-$45k annually) DOE
PATH is currently seeking candidates who are ready and excited to commit to making a difference in the San Diego community by joining our team providing services at the Zephyr Apartments as a Residential Services Coordinator.
This is a great opportunity to become part of an organization known for pioneering bold and effective approaches to assist individuals experiencing homelessness. We currently offer fully-paid healthcare benefits and room to grow your career in social services – there’s nothing we like more than promoting from within!
WHAT WE DO
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing. Our program at the Zephyr Apartments provides permanent supportive housing and on-site services to formerly homeless individuals.
WHAT IS A RESIDENTIAL SERVICE COORDINATOR?
Residential Service Coordinators work on-site at permanent supportive housing locations as part of a team of case managers. They work directly with clients to assist with their transition to housing and maintaining necessary services. This includes:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Providing individualized supportive services to help each client develop a plan to address their particular barriers to attain and sustain housing such as:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Assistance obtaining personal identification documents
- Employment linkage and application assistance
- Housing Referrals
- Healthcare Referrals
- Assistance with housing applications
- Surveying rental market for affordable housing Identify appropriate permanent housing options
- Advocating for clients with prospective landlords
- Conducting intake and individual needs assessments and collaborating with clients to develop an Individualized Service Plan (ISP) that addresses maintaining stable housing, maintaining or increasing income, and other personal goals
- Meeting with clients on a regular, as needed basis to review, evaluate and support the progress and completion of ISP goals.
- Providing assistance with transportation for critical appointments that impact housing stability
- Developing meaningful relationships with clients and resource systems or partners that enhance efforts to engage and retain individuals in permanent housing.
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in human services or behavior, a Master’s Degree is preferred
- Are technology proficient and have demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project a professional demeanor and have strong interpersonal skills
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
- Preferably have training in Motivational Interviewing, Trauma Informed Care, and other related techniques
- Have a proven ability to work effectively with diverse communities and have great problem solving and conflict resolution skills
For this role the ROLE must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1501
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.