Outreach Case Manager II
San Jose, CA
Starting at $21.63/hr DOE
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is currently seeking motivated and passionate candidates to join our San Jose Street Outreach Program as an Outreach Case Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organization known for pioneering bold and effective approaches to assist individuals experiencing homelessness. We currently offer fully-paid healthcare benefits and room to grow your career in social services – there’s nothing we like more than promoting from within!
WHAT WE DO
PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS AN OUTREACH CASE MANAGER?
Outreach Case Managers play a key role at PATH as one of the first points of contact for homeless clients in the San Jose community. Part of our Street Outreach Program, they utilize PATH’s street outreach integrated approach to provide both outreach and engagement and brief case management interventions to quickly assess and link clients who are currently homeless and living on the streets with supportive services.
Outreach Case Managers support PATH’s mission by:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Conducting daily street outreach to develop relationships and build rapport in the interest of assisting clients with addressing barriers to obtaining services, housing and health care
- Meeting with established clients on a weekly basis to review, evaluate and support the completion of their goals
- Providing street case management services by bringing services to clients in the community with the goal of linking them to long term supportive services. This includes:
- Assistance with benefits establishment
- Assistance with obtaining personal identification documents
- Providing employment linkages and assistance
- Housing referrals
- Healthcare related assistance
- Other referrals as necessary to ensure all client needs are met
- Building relationships and collaborating with community providers for substance abuse and mental health services to ensure seamless transitions from street outreach to long-term services
- Working with local law enforcement and the City of San Jose interim service providers to ensure effective transitions to interim housing from the streets for both the community and client
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or have at least 2 years of experience in street outreach with highly vulnerable populations, particularly those with health, mental health, and substance abuse issues
- Have demonstrated knowledge and or experience with advanced and evidenced-based interventions, including engagement and rapport building with hard to reach clients, Harm Reduction and Motivational Interviewing strategies, Housing First, non-violent crisis intervention techniques and case management interventions effective with a vulnerable population
- Have experience maintaining and executing confidential information using HIPPA standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Are technology proficient and have experience with Microsoft Office
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Outreach Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Be able and willing to work alternative work schedules, including evening and weekends as needed for operations of Street Outreach and at the request of management.
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1534
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.