Case Manager, Veteran Services – SSVF
DOE, starting at $17.78/hr
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is currently seeking candidates as passionate as we are about making a difference in the Los Angeles community to fill a Case Manager opening in our Veteran Services Department. This position will be based out of our Hollywood location and will play a key role in our Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
WHAT IS A CASE MANAGER?
The Case Manager is the heart of our work at PATH. Case Managers work alongside a team of other case managers, housing locators and community providers in a multifaceted and collaborative approach to assist those experiencing homelessness with stabilizing in housing and becoming more deeply integrated in their community.
In this role, the Case Manager will work in the field directly with veterans experiencing or at risk for homelessness to provide case management services such as:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Working to develop independent living and money management skills
- Assistance with employment linkage, benefits establishment, and linkage to community providers for substance abuse, mental health and primary health care
- Collaborating with clients to develop treatment plans that address short-term and long-term goals and providing the support needed to attain set goals and client independence
- Conducting crisis and risk assessments and providing crisis intervention services focused on enhancing the clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate own care
- Providing individual or group therapy to program participants
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Have demonstrated knowledge or experience with case management techniques including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPPA standards
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Provide community and in-home based services on a regular basis
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Career Site
and search for Job #1530
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.