Starting at $16.82/hr and increasing with experience
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH (People Assisting the Homeless) has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates its services throughout California, connecting clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
PATH is currently seeking a motivated Housing Navigator, III to join our Veteran Services program.
What is a Housing Navigator?
Part of a multidisciplinary team in our SSVF program, the Housing Navigator supports our mission to end homelessness for all individuals, families, and communities by assisting program participants in locating and securing permanent housing. Working with program participants, landlords, and property management companies, the Housing Navigator connects homeless veterans with a full-range of housing opportunities.
Make a Difference Though Impact
Housing Navigators help to end homelessness by:
What you bring:
- Supporting SSVF program participants with housing location
- Providing targeted customer service and mediation support to properties participating in PATH’s Housing Partnership Program to promote long-term tenancy and partnership
- Finding creative solutions to prevent tenant evictions and support positive tenant and Landlord resolutions by working with case management teams, tenants, and properties
- Collaborating with case managers and other members of the SSVF program to promote client progress and address challenges
- Conducting office, home, and field visits to program participants to ensure success
- Networking with other agencies, coalitions, and the local community to support program development
- Reaching out and engaging with landlords to develop housing opportunities
- Maintaining complete and accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with Federal, State, County and PATH guidelines
- Facilitating communication with all stake-holding parties by preparing case-related reports
- Maintaining knowledge and ensuring compliance with the rules and regulations of the federal housing programs used by PATH.
- Knowledge of California Fair Housing and Reasonable Accommodation
- Ability to work with a wide variety of landlords and property management companies
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure and time sensitive environment
- A high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals who present for services with urgent multiple case management and health needs.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and exercise mature judgment
- Willingness and ability to regularly provide community and in-home based services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human services related field (preferred).
- Five years cumulative experience working within social services and populations in crisis including the homeless population and people with disabilities
- Education and/or experience with property management and realty functions.
How to apply:
- Employment Eligibility Verification
- Reliable transportation
- Updated tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background and drug screening
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Ability to obtain CPR/First Aid certification through PATH
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1528
to submit your application. A resume is