JOB ID: 1526
This position will work to provide outreach, linkage, and retention services to individuals experiencing homelessness. This position is responsible for providing field based, direct client services alongside a team of case managers, housing locators, and community providers. Case management services include, but are not limited to, outreach/ engagement, case management assessment and service planning, mainstream entitlement application, PHA subsidy and other county subsidy application, housing location, coordinating needed health services, and addressing all psychosocial service needs to stabilize clients in housing, reduce functional, health and mental health barriers, and promote recovery and community integration.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Provides field based/ mobile case management services in the areas of, but not limited to: Independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, community integration, employment linkage, benefits establishment, and linkage to community providers for substance abuse, primary and mental health care, and all other services needed to assist clients in reaching their treatment plan goals.
- Provide strengths-based case management and service coordination services designed to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining stable housing.
- Develop individualized treatment plan in collaboration with client addressing short-term and long- term goals.
- Provide on-going case management support to assess progress and ensure treatment plan outcomes are met or changed as needed.
- Conduct crisis and risk assessments in consultation with supervisor/ team or LCSW.
- Provide crisis intervention services focused on enhancing the clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate own care.
- Utilize evidence-based practices in service delivery such as intensive case management, Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Critical Time Intervention and Housing First practices
- Maintain documentation standards as set forth by the program contract and PATH policies, including maintaining compliance with HIPAA policies and practices
- Complete progress notes on every face to face/ telephone contact with client or collateral contact by the next business day at 5pm
- Complete intake, assessment, service plans in coordination with client and within the documentation standards set forth by the program contract and PATH
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrated knowledge and or experience with case management techniques, including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Flexible work schedule to include some evenings and/or weekends as needed
- HMIS experience preferred
- Possesses a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals who present for services with urgent multiple case management and health needs
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and exercise mature judgment
- Ability to provide community and in-home based services on a regular basis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated self- starter with the ability to coordinate multiple projects/ tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment
- Employment eligibility verification
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening & drug test
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include some evenings or weekends
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or 2 or more years’ experience related to homeless services, mental health, substance abuse, case management, etc.
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1526
to submit your application. A resume is required.