JOB ID: 1447
Wage: $22.00/hr- $24.00/hr (DOE)
PATH is a non-profit organization that provides services to people experiencing homelessness. Our mission is to end homelessness for individuals, families and communities. We believe our mission can be achieved by providing permanent housing and highly individualized supportive services. We are committed to improving the quality of services by creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for the community at large. We seek the input from clients, employees, and stakeholders to ensure service delivery and accessibility is equitable to all persons served.
PATH San Jose’s Rapid Rehousing program serves individuals experiencing homelessness or at-risk of homelessness. The program offers highly individualized services in the form of case management, housing location, and employment services. The goal of the program is to rapidly house program participants and provide support towards long-term housing stability.
The Case Manager, under the direction of the Senior Case Manager provides client advocacy, case management, employment services, benefits establishment, linkage to Mental Health/Substance Use services, linkage to stable housing and all other supportive services. Case Managers will provide individualized client support by assisting in the development of Individualized Service Plans (ISP) to address barriers, increase income and maintain permanent housing. As part of the ISP, the Case Manager will identify each area in which a client will need assistance to accomplish the outlined goals and objectives (ie, scheduling appointments, coordinating job interviews, applying for public benefits, identifying subsidized housing, etc.). The Case Manager will work collaboratively to support the clients’ success.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Conduct intake and individualized needs assessment (basic eligibility screening) for all clients, collaborate with guests to develop Individualized Service Plans (ISP) that address barriers to obtaining services/housing and appropriate health care needs.
- Conduct and complete all new client intakes and enter into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Communicate with established clients on a weekly basis to review, evaluate and support completion of ISP plans
- Conduct a full VI-SPDAT (Vulnerability Index- Service Prioritization Decisions Assistance Tool) on all new guests to aid in the Individual Service Plan (ISP) development
- Provide ongoing case management support with benefits establishment (GR, SSI, TANF, Veterans pension, etc.), obtaining ID, birth certificate, social security cards, provide employment linkages and assistance, housing referrals and health related assistance as identified on the ISP
- Collaborate with program participants in the development of budgets and review the budgets on a monthly basis
- Assist with housing applications, complete supportive and subsidized housing paperwork, survey rental market for affordable housing, and advocate with prospective landlords, and identify appropriate permanent housing options for guests
- Provide on-going information, referrals, linkages, and advocacy for all other identified needs
- Creatively use and develop community resources to broker and link guest to services
- Collaboratively work with the case management and operations team to ensure that the facility is clean and safe for all
- Promote and follow interim housing established values, guidelines and rules
- Provide a high-quality customer service environment for all guests
- Participate in staff meetings and training as assigned by your supervisor
- Maintain client related data tracking systems, including complete and timely case notes, complete and timely HMIS entries and management log entries
- Prepare case-related reports including but not limited to: outcomes, successes, and challenges
- Generate client data for reporting
- Complete follow-up and retention services, as necessary, and provide back-up documentation in client file
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with Federal, State, County and PATH guidelines
- Bachelors degree in human services. Masters degree in human services if preferred (e.g. MSW, MFT)
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience using a data entry system, and/or customer relations management (CRM) system, and/or electronic health record (EHR).
- Experience in case management with highly vulnerable populations, particularly those with health, mental health, and substance abuse issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and or experience with evidenced based practices and advanced case management techniques, including trauma informed care, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Able to work independently and as part the team and exercises mature and professional judgment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- A highly motivated self-starter and ability to coordinate multiple projects/tasks at once
- Knowledge of maintaining and executing confidential information using HIPAA standards
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Flexible, adaptable and have the capability to work in a fast paced, professional environment
- Able to work alternative work schedules, evening and weekends as needed for operations of Interim Housing and at the request of management
- Maintain regular, consistent attendance
- Employment Eligibility Verification
- Updated tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening
- CPR/First Aid Training
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1447
to submit your application. A resume is required.