JOB ID: 1519
PATH is a non-profit organization that provides services to people experiencing homelessness. Our mission is to end homelessness for individuals, families and communities. We believe our mission can be achieved by providing permanent housing and highly individualized supportive services. We are committed to improving the quality of services by creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for the community at large. We seek the input from clients, employees, and stakeholders to ensure service delivery and accessibility is equitable to all persons served.
The Housing Specialist works as part of a team to assist clients with housing applications, complete supportive and subsidized housing paperwork, surveys rental market for affordable housing, and advocate for clients with prospective landlords. Support with collecting housing related documentation will vary depending on the needs of the individual being served. The Housing Specialist will meet with each client on a weekly basis to monitor their progression. The Housing Specialist will document the client’s progression into case notes, and is expected to complete data entry and monthly reports. The Housing Specialist will be expected to work in collaboration with community partners and attend required meetings. This includes serving as a liaison between the various housing authorities and landlord/properties when assisting clients through various subsidized housing options and provide housing oriented workshops and trainings including tenant education for program participants in the community.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Provide supportive services in a non-judgmental manner.
- Crisis intervention for homeless in the community.
- Monitor and evaluate client’s housing progression and develop modifications to the plan as necessary.
- Provide information, referrals, linkages, and advocacy to assist clients in accessing services and resources.
- Assist clients with procuring necessary documents and services such as identification card, birth certificate, social security income, disability income.
- Complete intakes and assess for the client’s needs.
- Achieve knowledge of the contracts and grants working under.
- Maintain client related data tracking systems, including case notes and complete HMIS entries.
- Prepare case-related reports including outcomes, successes and challenges.
- Generate client data for monthly reports.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with federal, state, county and PATH guidelines
- Complete follow-up and retention services and provide back-up documentation in client files.
- Attend collaborative meetings.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- Network with other agencies, coalitions, and local community meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Social/human services preferred) or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Project a professional demeanor.
- Able to work independently and as part the team.
- Exercises mature judgment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain a regular attendance
- Must maintain and execute confidential information.
- Highly motivated self-starter and ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities.
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Reliable transportation.
- Updated tuberculosis test.
- Successful completion of background screening.
- CPR/First Aid training
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1519
to submit your application. A resume is required.