JOB ID: 1476
PATH is a non-profit organization that provides services to people experiencing homelessness. Our mission is to end homelessness for individuals, families and communities. We believe our mission can be achieved by providing permanent housing and highly individualized supportive services. We are committed to improving the quality of services by creating a diverse and inclusive work environment for the community at large. We seek the input from clients, employees, and stakeholders to ensure service delivery and accessibility is equitable to all persons served.
The Community Care Coordination (C3) program provides comprehensive care coordination, service navigation, and housing assistance for adults who have a serious mental illness, are homeless or at-risk of homelessness, and are incarcerated or recently released from custody.
As part of the Community Care Coordination (C3) team the Peer Support Specialist coordinates the intake and individualized needs assessment for all clients while they are in custody. The Peer Support Specialists works as part of a team (with a Clinical Case Manager) to develop Individualized Service Plans (ISP) that address barriers to obtain services and housing. As part of the SIT, the Peer Support Specialist provides case management, housing location, temporary financial assistance, and assistance enrolling in MediCal and accessing applicable health services. The Peer Support Specialist identifies and builds positive relationships with homeless individuals and families living on the street or in vehicles. Peer Support Specialists assist clients in breaking the cycle of homelessness by moving from the street to housing (interim, rapid re-housing and permanent housing), accessing necessary social services, and linking individuals to mainstream resources.
Other responsibilities for Peer Support Specialists include: crisis intervention for homeless in the community, monitoring client progression through their Individual Service Plan (ISP), and assisting clients with necessary documents to obtain stable housing.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Works as part of a team to develop Individualized Service Plans with clients that are client centered and identify clear objectives.
- Provide case management, housing location, temporary financial assistance, and assistance enrolling in MediCal and accessing applicable health services
- Promote and follow program established values, guidelines and rules
- Provide a high quality environment for all clients
- Participate in staff meetings and training as assigned
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with federal, state, county and PATH guidelines
- Maintain client-related data tracking systems, including travel logs, incident reports, case notes and complete HMIS entries
- Prepare case-related reports including but not limited to: outcomes, successes and challenges
- Complete follow-up and retention services, as necessary and provide back-up documentation in client file
- Lived experience with homelessness, mental health or substance use challenges. Peer Support certification is preferred.
- Experience providing direct services to vulnerable individuals
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse communities
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and exercise good judgment
- Must be able to pass CPR/First Aid training
- Capability to work in a fast paced environment
- Maintain regular attendance
- Able to work alternative work schedule as needed
- Employment Eligibility Verification
- Reliable transportation
- Updated tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1476
to submit your application. A resume is required.