JOB ID: 1468
The Security Manager is responsible for providing security oversight to the Metro LA campus and other Interim Housing Programs as assigned. This position will assist with implementing security systems, protocols, procedures, policies, and monitoring of contracted security staff.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Assist with on boarding and training new security guards
- Coordinate communication and messages with security agencies appropriately
- Conduct regular rounds of the PATH mall area and facility grounds
- Assist with drafting written documentation and correspondence regarding the safety and security of the campus
- Plan and coordinate regular meetings with security agency
- Assist in the development of forms, procedures, and manuals for Metro LA campus security
- Assist with completing reports as necessary
- Attend meetings and provide input and feedback related to security operations
- Bachelor’s level or equivalent, three to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Knowledge of maintaining and executing confidential information with HIPAA standards
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Maintain regular attendance
- Employment eligibility verification
- Tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening & drug test
- Able to obtain First Aid/CPR certification, as provided by PATH
- Valid BSIS license
- Obtain PSO license within 6 months of hire
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1468
to submit your application. A resume is required.