JOB ID: 1467
Wage: $21.64- $24.04/hr (DOE)
The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of all volunteer activities as well as the recruitment, stewardship, and acknowledgment of volunteers at PATH’s interim housing facilities in Hollywood, while overseeing a variety of development activities and ensuring the long-term sustainability of the development work at PATH. Additionally, this position will directly support program activities, and ensure long- term sustainability and expansion of PATH’s development initiatives, and community engagement activities. This position will be primarily located at the interim sites in Hollywood.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Volunteer Coordination and Recruitment – While working in collaboration with the Development Department, establish an ongoing volunteer program specifically for PATH’s interim housing sites in Hollywood. Work with the development and program teams to identify opportunities and manage recruitment, retention and assignment of PATH one-day, short-term, and long-term volunteer projects. Manage and outreach for in-kind donation pick-ups and drop offs (ex. hygiene items, clothing, etc.). Establish and regularly update volunteer schedules. Manage all volunteer inquiries and acknowledgements for the Hollywood region.
- Community Engagement – Conduct strategic community outreach in Hollywood to educate stakeholders, engage volunteers, and create strategic partnerships, including but not limited to facility tours and public speaking opportunities to volunteers and VIPs. Assist with public relations efforts.
- Database Management – Manage donor database from the volunteer and community engagement perspective. This includes ensuring the database is growing to reflect ongoing volunteer activities in Hollywood. Maintain volunteer management software to include new opportunities and track volunteer hours.
- Fundraising – Support the Development Department in creating and managing effective strategies and giving opportunities to increase fundraising in Hollywood. Strategies include special events, direct mail, online giving, donor identification and cultivation. Establish and strengthen long-term relationships with private sector influencers and donors in the community to build new partnerships and funding opportunities.
- Evaluation of Volunteer Activities – Work closely with the volunteer team and on-site program staff to assess ongoing needs of clients at the interim sites. Collect and manage feedback from all parties involved in volunteer activities, including volunteers, staff, and community members
- through written reports, testimonials, and verbal comments. Share feedback with site staff to acknowledge strengths, successes and to make improvements for future volunteer activities.
- Special Event Coordination – Support the creation and management of all aspects of in-house volunteer special events to support the Hollywood interim sites. This would include marketing, budgeting, production, and acknowledgement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in nonprofit development, community outreach and/or volunteer management required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of DonorPerfect or similar donor management software preferred.
- Manage multiple tasks and timelines simultaneously.
- Ability to integrate a complex organization with a highly creative and innovative environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with proven ability to develop creative solutions.
- Project a professional demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Great attitude and people skills.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends.
- Employment Eligibility Verifications
- Reliable Transportation
- Current Tuberculosis Test
- Successful completion of background testing
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1467
to submit your application. A resume is required.