JOB ID: 1452
The Shared Housing Coordinator and is responsible for supporting Housing Partnership Programs (HPP) in leading a collaborative effort to maximize the use of Shared Housing programs. In partnership with the United Way, the Homeless Initiative, LA Homeless Services Authority, and additional community partners, the Shared Housing Coordinator will ensure that HPP is effectively managing Shared Housing, setting standards and identifying opportunities for pilot programs, and reporting to internal and external interests on Shared Housing outcomes. In addition, the Shared Housing Coordinator will model the effective use of CES by supporting, increasing, and improving participation in Shared Housing Resources, while working closely with our landlords/housing providers and community partners to streamline leasing of available housing opportunities.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Develop, facilitate, and conduct Shared Housing trainings with community partners. Work with different partners to establish regular training schedule and support additional efforts to educate different stakeholders on Shared Housing.
- Develop and maintain “Roommate Matching” pilot program to identified Shared Housing opportunities
- Develop and maintain data and reports to funder
- Develop and maintain reports on current pilots to internal and external interests
- Identify Shared Housing practices throughout the nation for implanting promising practices within HPP
- Facilitate partnerships with Shared Housing landlords and housing providers. Maintain a portfolio of active landlords in Salesforce.
- Facilitate partnerships with community resource agencies
- Identify gaps in service, needs for the program, and possible sources of income that could support the program operation
- Meet regularly with the Associate Director and Director of HPP to develop the program implementation plan and evaluate progress
- Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings
- Prepare reports including data outcomes, successes, and challenges
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with Federal, State, County and PATH guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- Two to four years cumulative experience working within housing location, property management and/or homeless services
- Knowledge of homeless programs and housing subsidies
- Knowledge of/and support of Shared Housing as a valid permanent housing opportunity
- Ability to work with a wide variety of landlords and property management companies
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Demonstrates ability to use computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office software particularly Excel, and Salesforce CRM
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and exercise mature judgment
- Ability to attend community meetings as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated self-started with the ability to coordinate multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment
- Flexible, adaptable and capable of working in a fast paced, professional environment
- Availability to work evening and weekends as requested by management, and based on the operational needs of the program
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Certified mediator or experience in conflict resolution, preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to maintain regular, consistent attendance
- Employment Eligibility Verification
- Reliable transportation, and valid California Driver’s License
- Updated tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening
- Ability to obtain CPR/First Aid certification through PATH
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1023
to submit your application. A resume is required.