JOB ID: 1402
What You Bring
What is a Kitchen Associate? The Kitchen Associate is an integral component of PATH Interim Housing, The Dishwasher position will ensure the availability of clean dishes and that the kitchen is cleaned daily per health department regulations. The position is also responsible for restocking and maintaining the cleanliness of the dining room. This position will sort donations and assist the cooks with daily prep and meals. This position must abide by all health and safety regulations and have a current food handler’s certificate.
PATH is a $50M+ non-profit provider of shelter and supportive services for the homeless with locations throughout Southern California, Santa Barbara, and San Jose, primarily serving veterans, families, and the chronically homeless. Funding comes from government agencies, foundations, and individuals, and we currently have over 100 grants from over 30 funders. PATH Ventures (PV) is a non-profit developer of permanent supportive housing with projects located throughout Southern California. PV possesses an ownership interest via limited partnerships in over a dozen residential communities plus several projects in active predevelopment.
Make a Difference through Action The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Provide all guests with a home-like environment for the duration of their stay in PATH Interim Housing
- Participate in staff meetings and assigned trainings
- Promote and follow interim housing established values, guidelines and rules
- Assist all volunteers by providing all necessary supports to ensure that they have a valuable experience
- Ensure that guests meals are served at the established times and support other kitchen staff as required
- Clean, wash and sanitize all kitchen dishes, Kitchen and dining area
- Sort food donations ensuring quality assurance, FIFO storage
- Comply with standard food handling and sanitation procedures referencing to path kitchen cleaning list located at each site.
- Adhere to proper knife handling procedures
- Maintain kitchen sanitation and cleanliness, including washing dishes and maintaining the cleanliness of all kitchen equipment (stove, storage area, freezer, floors, etc.)
- Ensure preparation is completed daily following board prep lists
- Ensure all food is properly stored and cooked to the correct temperatures.
- Produce and maintain monthly inventory of food supply and equipment
- Supervise all kitchen activities ensuring that only authorized personnel access the kitchen
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- Flexible work schedule to include some evenings and/or weekends as needed
- Possesses a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals who present for services with urgent multiple case management and health needs
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and exercise mature judgment
- Highly motivated self- starter with the ability to coordinate multiple projects/ tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment
- Employment eligibility verification
- Reliable transportation
- Tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening & drug test
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Food handling certificate
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent. Culinary Arts degree a plus.
- 2-4 years’ experience working in food handling and preparation
- Intensive knowledge of kitchen equipment small and large scale and food and kitchen safety guidelines.
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1402
to submit your application. A resume is required.