JOB ID: 1430
The Operations Assistant will assist the Associate Director in the physical operation of PATH Interim Housing facilities including facility maintenance, supply management, kitchen operation support and residential living accommodations. The Operations Assistant will also help with maintenance of all PATH equipment, buildings and property, office moves, and alterations.
- Conduct regular maintenance of all PATH facilities;
- Regularly check functionality of safety systems (such as fire alarm);
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (such as ventilation, hot water);
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues;
- Conduct regular maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs;
- Perform minor facility repairs such as repairing broken locks, repairing damaged walls, repainting, filling gaps/holes in walls;
- Perform minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs;
- Perform touch up, finish painting and graffiti removal;
- Use brooms, mops, and floor equipment to sweep, mop, strip and wax floors as needed/directed;
- Clean rooms, cubicles, stairwells, windows, lavatories, showers, restrooms;
- Remove refuse;
- Install appliances and equipment;
- Pick up food and other donation as needed;
- Maintain van cleanliness, keep copies of mileage forms stored in binder and communicate to supervisor when vehicle repairs are required;
- Communicate need for major repairs to supervisor;
- Arrange with service firms for the overhaul and repair of equipment;
- Prepare and keep all maintenance records;
- Report work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor;
- Inspect building at beginning and end of shifts for any required attention;
- Schedule kitchen oil and bulky items trash pickup as needed
- Communicate need for additional trash pickups to supervisor and, as directed, request extra trash pickups;
- Other duties as assigned
- One to two years related experience
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Project a professional demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Ability to understand safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform physical labor necessary to accomplish job duties
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Employment eligibility verification
- Reliable transportation
- Update tuberculosis test
- Successful completion of background screening
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
PATH will require all employees to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination as part of the pre-employment credentialing process.
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to apply:
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1430
to submit your application. A resume is required.