JOB ID: 1414
The Social Worker, Case Manager identifies and builds positive relationships with homeless individuals and families living on the street or in vehicles. Social Workers assist clients in breaking the cycle of homelessness by helping clients access necessary social services, and linking individuals to mainstream resources.
As part of the Service Integration Team (SIT), the Social Worker, Case Manager works as part of a team with the Peer Support Specialists to develop Individualized Service Plans (ISP) that address barriers to obtain services and housing. As part of the SIT, the Social Worker, Case Manager provides case management, housing location, temporary financial assistance, and assistance enrolling in MediCal and accessing applicable health services.
The Social Worker, Case Manager completes biopsychosocial assessments on all eligible clients and refers clients as needed to the team Clinician for additional support. The Social Worker, Case Manager provides crisis intervention, ongoing case management to assist individuals with their goals, and assistance in community integration.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Provides field based/mobile case management services in the areas of, but not limited to: Independent living skills, housing stabilization, money management, community integration, employment linkage, benefits establishment, linkage to community providers for substance abuse, primary and mental health care, and all other services needed to assist clients in reaching their goals.
- Provide strengths-based case management and service coordination services designed to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining stable employment and housing.
- Develop individualized treatment plan in collaboration with client addressing short-term and long-term goals.
- Provide on-going case management support to assess progress and ensure treatment plan outcomes are met or changed as needed.
- Provide services focused on enhancing the clients’ ability to independently problem solve, utilize effective coping skills, and manage and self-coordinate own care.
- Utilize evidence-based practices in service delivery such as intensive case management, Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Critical Time Intervention and Housing First practices
- Maintain documentation standards as set forth by the program contract and PATH policies, including maintaining compliance with HIPAA policies and practices
- Complete progress notes on every face to face/ telephone contact with client or collateral contact by the next business day at 5pm
- Complete intake, assessment, service plans in coordination with client and within the documentation standards set forth by the program contract and PATH
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards
- One-year minimum experience working in homeless services, mental health, substance use/ co-occurring disorder or with vulnerable populations providing intensive case management services
- Demonstrated knowledge and or experience with housing navigation and case management techniques, including critical time intervention, harm reduction strategies, crisis intervention techniques and motivational interviewing
- Flexible work schedule to include some evenings and/or weekends as needed
- HMIS experience preferred
- Possesses a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals who present for services with urgent multiple case management and health needs
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and exercise mature judgment
- Ability to provide community and in-home based services on a regular basis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated self- starter with the ability to coordinate multiple projects/ tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment
- Bachelor’s in Social Work required
- Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Updated tuberculosis test.
- Successful completion of background screening.
- CPR/First Aid training.
- Driving is an essential function of this position
- Must have Valid CA Driver's License
- Must provide proof of insurance coverage
- Must be able to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
How to apply Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1414
to submit your application. A resume is required