JOB ID: 1405
This internship position will provide substantial experience in nonprofit development, including event planning, donation coordination, community partnership research, and volunteer management, all while gaining valuable office experience at one of Los Angeles’ most prominent nonprofits focused on providing sustainable solutions to homelessness.
- Act as a point of contact for general inquiries regarding volunteer opportunities and in-kind donations. This includes responding to incoming calls, voicemails, and email inquiries.
- Assist with managing the in-kind donation process. This includes research and outreach to donors and working with the Volunteer Manager to schedule donation drop offs.
- Provide administrative support to Volunteer Manager by helping to manage PATH’s online volunteer management system (Better Impact). Volunteer coordination duties include processing volunteer paperwork, updating volunteer hours, and other data entry.
- Conduct research and outreach to potential community partners to spread awareness about PATH, secure potential partnerships, and to help coordinate third-party events.
- Assist development staff with special projects and offsite community engagement events.
- Assist with administrative work and other duties, as assigned.
- Be available for at least 10 hours per week – days/times you choose are flexible.
- Occasional weekend and evening opportunities may arise.
- Be available to help other members of the Development department that may require assistance for special events or projects.
How to apply:
- Passion for nonprofit management, and community outreach and engagement
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent self-management, organizational, and multitasking skills
- Hard-worker and team player
- High level of initiative, creativity, and motivation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher)
- Database knowledge preferred
Please visit the Path Career Site
to apply online. Search for Job #1405
to submit your application. A resume is required.