Outreach Case Manager III, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Los Angeles, CA
PATH (People Assisting The Homeless) is seeking candidates with experience in street outreach in homeless services to join our LA Metro Programs as an Outreach Case Manager. The schedule for this position is 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.
In addition to a rewarding work environment, we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
WHAT WE DO
Since its foundation in 1984, PATH has pioneered bold and effective approaches to assist people experiencing homelessness. PATH operates services throughout California, connecting our clients to a comprehensive continuum of homelessness prevention, street outreach, employment preparation and placement assistance, individualized case management, supportive services, interim housing, and permanent supportive housing.
Our Street Outreach programs work to engage individuals who are currently homeless and living on the streets in an effort to provide and link them with services that will ultimately lead them to stabilize in housing long-term.
WHAT IS AN OUTREACH CASE MANAGER?
Outreach Case Managers participate in daily street outreach to people experiencing homelessness with case management services. Responsibilities of the Outreach Case Manager include:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Developing relationships and building rapport with clients in order to assist them with finding a home
- Providing case management support including assistance with gathering documentation, increasing income, employment linkage and accessing necessary primary and mental healthcare
- Collaborating with team members and clients to develop individualized service plans (ISP)
- Meeting with established clients on a weekly basis to review, evaluate, and support ISP goal completion
- Maintaining documentation standards as set forth by the program contract and PATH standards
We’re looking for candidates that:
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPAA standards\
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with advanced, evidence-based interventions including engagement and rapport building with hard to reach clients, harm reduction strategies, motivational interviewing, non-violent crisis intervention, and case management techniques effective with vulnerable populations
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals with urgent and multiple case management and health needs
- Work just as well independently as they do on a team
- Exercise mature judgement, and are highly motivated, self-starting and proactive
- Are excellent at communicating, whether in writing or verbally
- Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment
For this role the Outreach Case Manager must:
READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE THROUGH ACTION?
- Hold a Master’s Degree in related field (MSW, MFT preferred) OR have at least 4 years of street outreach experience with highly vulnerable populations
- Be able and willing to work flexible hours which may include evenings or weekends
- Have employment eligibility verification
- Have or be able and willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Have reliable transportation and:
- A valid driver’s license
- Auto Insurance
- The ability to qualify for PATH insurance coverage
- Successfully complete the following as a condition of hire:
- Tuberculosis Test
- Background Screening
- Drug Test
If this sounds like you, please visit our PATH Careers Site
and search for JR# 1244
to submit your application. A resume is required.
PATH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PATH complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.